Application Support Engineer - STAR-CCM+ - Houston, TX
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227345
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success of our customers in their use of our software, STAR-CCM+. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes classroom training, mentoring, and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues.
- Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of software usage, and assisting in software deployment.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in STAR-CCM+.
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices, and verify results.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer portal.
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction, and communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field, with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
- Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries, multiphase physics, and turbulence modeling.
- Experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD tools.
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas, etc.