UX Platform Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227346
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As a Software Engineer in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects will focus on Architecture and User Interface Development.
You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
• Design, implement, enhance, and maintain software as a member of the Architecture team for a large CAD application, NX.
• The Architecture team builds tools and services to be used by all NX applications to ensure a common user experience across applications and platforms.
• Architecture and User Interface software spans multiple areas
o Native User Interface software on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Examples are command access, dialogs, theming, and UI toolkits.
o Visualization and Display software using OpenGL. Examples are
cutting edge high end rendering, selection, and gestures.
o New Technology Investigation, Innovation, and Integration. Examples
are virtual and augmented reality, cloud architecture, and new input
• Responsible for requirements definition, analysis, design, coding,
documentation, and quality assurance.
• Develop projects with efficient algorithms and state-of-the-art
• Utilize object-oriented / structured programming techniques and other
software engineering practices to ensure that the product is high
quality and the architecture is maintainable, modular, encapsulated,
• Contribute as a team member in setting future direction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, or
• Strong coding skills in C++ or Java
• Knowledgeable in object oriented concepts
• Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Commanding grasp of C#, HTML5, Python, or Perl is a plus