Materials Support 4
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227378
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Become a part of the Direct Procurement Team managing suppliers, raw materials and sub-contract services for the Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics site in Glasgow, Delaware. Team of six Buyers and two Procurement Specialists reporting to site supply chain management while also working to meet higher level strategic/corporate targets.
Participates in the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of the movements of materials through the production cycle. Participates in determining material requirements. Provides complex clerical support and data analysis for purchasing, supply chain management, warehouse, finance and technical operations, in data entry, filing, and coordinating document flow. Responds to inquires relating to packing lists, invoices, shipping documentation and instructions/queries from suppliers and internal users. Compiles, maintains, analyses and recommends changes to records such as time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped. Inputs data into the ERP system, prepares charts and reports as requested from purchasing related databases. Participates in inventory, quality and financial audits on a regular basis to detect and avoid discrepancies.
Utilize the site ERP system to run required reports and process orders for the correct materials from the correct supplier in the appropriate quantity and quality to meet the demands of the various production departments at the site. Manage the inventory, warehouse, and financial transactions to accurately track, analyze and report inventory, cost changes, payment terms and value, etc. Works in various other systems to insure supplier quality, financial integrity and other KPI metrics critical to the business.
Reports directly to the Site Operational Procurement Manager within the Siemens Healthineers Finance organization. Indirect reporting through the site Supply Chain Management organization to insure compliance and support of the site's production requirements. Work with a team of five additional Buyers and two Procurement Specialist to maintain data integrity and on-time delivery and consumption of materials at the site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Daily review of purchase requisitions to be converted to orders.
- Frequent review of expedite/de-expedite reports and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Regular communication with suppliers covering open orders, forecasts, pricing, change notification, schedule changes, etc.
- Regular communication and work with Finance/Accounts Payable to maintain low levels of invoice/payment issues with suppliers.
- Regular communication with technical and production staff to insure the quality and usability of the raw materials purchased.
- Regular interaction with suppliers, procurement specialists, and technical staff to insure all changed to materials and/or processes are known, reviewed, and approved in a timely manner to avoid any disruptions to supply chain.
- Daily review and data entry to keep the ERP system accurate and up-to-date for inventory, planned delivery dates, costing/budgeting, and productivity reporting for the site.
- Minimum Associates Degree
- 8+ years in supply chain, material planning and/or purchasing
- 1-5 years Healthcare industry experience/knowledge
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years experience working in SAP
- Minimal travel required - occasional vendor visits and/or off-site training
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSBA in Operations Management, Finance, or equivalent experience
- ISM certification - C.P.M. or CPSM
- 10+ years experience with strong purchasing or material planning background including all aspects of supply chain management.
- 3-5 years experience and strong knowledge of SAP especially the MM modules and related master data records
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and/or Microsoft 365