Project Coordinator - Building Automation - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227407
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers within Siemens Building Technologies (Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, & Electronic Security). The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Coordinators also act as the hub on all projects, ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones--keeping focused attention on document control and project close out while acting as the alternate point of contact for customers in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
· Manage the new booking process, ensuring the booking package is complete.
· Support PM with directed duties pertaining to projects.
· Prepare customer training documents.
· Act as liaison between Customers, PMs, Specialists, Sales Executives, Engineering, and the finance team.
· Track and process billing approvals, distribution, and vendor submissions.
· Collect and communicate required documentation to facilitate payment. Obtain transmittals and receipts for transfers.
· Create purchase requisition orders for Subcontractors from finalized subcontractor price and scope. Set up subcontractor in BOM, assign network, network activity and delivery date.
· Monitor monthly claims to ensure Operations Manager approval and submit them for processing. Verify specialist timesheet submissions for approval through month end. Assist with Month End Close for PMs.
· Ensure all jobs are reviewed and claims are processed in Audit Report. Review PM Milestone sheets and update Project Milestones in SAP during month close.
· Monitor all closed jobs; ensure all are billed 100%. Run automated TECO process at the POC level. Partner with Solutions-to-Service Turnover Coordinator.
· Administer Financial Reporting for OMs and PMs including Good Receipts and Monthly Cost Center Comparison Report. Manage Sales-to-Operations and Solutions-to-Service Turnover, schedule weekly meetings, prepare agenda for projects to be turned over, and ensure appropriate approvals. Process claims, make adjustments in SAP, provide PMs with project documentation upon completion.
· Coordinate and attend Operations meetings.
· Coordinate Employee Satisfaction Events for the Operations Team.
· Manage each Division’s Travel/Training costs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
· Required experience: Experience successfully supporting an organization's operations that are similar to the business operations of a Siemens Building Technologies branch.
· Required travel: 5%
· Other Requirements:
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without a current or future need of sponsorship.
o Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office