Laboratory Technician - High Voltage
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 227443
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Richland facility is looking for a High Voltage Circuit Breaker Test Technician. This position will be responsible for performing mechanical & electrical operational tests to verify complete and accurate engineering and manufacturing.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Verify control circuits are wired correctly per engineered drawings
- Performs production test on voltage regulators and high voltage circuit breakers to ensure production quality standards adherence.
- Position involves dielectric testing (coils, relays, circuit breakers, auto-transformers, current transformers), interpreting schematic diagrams, continuity checks of control wiring and mechanical operation. - Works daily with Product Engineers, Quality Engineers, Production Supervisors, and hourly personnel to effectively identify problems and to take appropriate steps to resolve them. Troubleshoot power apparatus equipment and control circuits.
- Apply ANSI and IEC standards. Operate test software and troubleshoot as needed.
- Functional knowledge of the transmission and distribution of electricity.
Experience, Knowledge/Skills and Education:
1. Ability to read wire schematics/ electrical diagrams.
2. Must have general mechanical and/or electrical skills with knowledge of common electrical safety practices.
3. 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment and experience with power apparatus equipment preferred.
4. Familiarity and experience in working around or with high voltage electricity 440kV to 860kV.
5. Excellent understanding of basic electrical circuitry for AC and DC, and troubleshoot issues without direct guidance.
6. Ability to work well in a team environment as well as individually.
7. Strong time management skills.
8. Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
9. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include overtime.
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Knowledge of relays.
2. Experience/knowledge of Utility Industry
3. Experience with electrical test equipment (multi-meters, power meters, power factor, meggars, resistance bridges, power supplies, current transformers, hi pot equipment, etc.) is desired.
4. A journey’s man license is preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.