Radiochemistry Applications Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 227557
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
In this position the employee will provide the following services to enable production of PET biomarkers at PETNET manufacturing facilities:
- Provide biomarker process implementation and engineering services for new products, processes and equipment
- Install and qualify radiochemistry synthesis modules and quality control equipment to enable the production of biomarkers
- Implement production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test biomarkers
- Perform on-site applications training for processes and analytical methods for biomarkers
- Review, revise and/or develop technical documentation utilized in biomarker production, quality control and equipment maintenance
- Provide start-up services for new PET manufacturing facilities
- Provide on-going biomarker technical support and compliance oversight at assigned PETNET sites
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and new technology in PETNET
- Assist in the design of complex hardware, software and process solutions
- Assist in the tracking of complex orders to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met by responding to customers promptly
- Assist in the development of records for complex specification costs and price estimates
- Track and maintain assets (e.g. equipment, tools, software, etc.)
- Assist in the design recommendations for alternatives or changes to the most complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
- Assist in investigations and analysis of the most complex field problems.
- Assist in the design of explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of the most complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in chemistry, engineering or other science field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in the production of PET biomarkers or commercial operations
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Up to 50% travel as required to perform job functions
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with 18F radiochemistry is preferred but training will be provided to an otherwise well-qualified candidate
- Experience with general radiation safety and hazardous material handling or similar technical experience
- Experience working with complex analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, and TLC