Manager, Supplier Management
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 227565
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Seeking a Manager, Supplier Management to contribute as a key member of Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics Business located in Berkeley, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for building strategic partnerships with suppliers and OEMs, as well as ensuring that procurement processes are meeting business goals and quality standards. Furthermore, a successful candidate will be a leader throughout the procurement lifecycle by participating in the project development and estimation process, monitoring current contracts, minimizing supplier costs, and driving selection towards the most efficient suppliers. This position reports into Senior Director of Finance.
· Lead procurement and purchasing processes implementation to assure product development, manufacturing, and sales functions have the tools and materials necessary to achieve business objectives
· Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners for Molecular products (eg. instrumentation, reagents, consumables) to maintain positive performance, and hold suppliers accountable when business or quality needs are not met.
· Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems
· Drive complex contract negotiations to completion, and maintains current contract base.
· Manage a team of Operational and Tactical buyers, procurement engineers, and supporting staff in area of responsibility to execute and improve on procurement and supplier processes.
· Lead supplier management process implementation to identify, select, qualify, onboard, monitor and develop suppliers
· Facilitate implementation of commodity strategies during make/buy process by aligning product development up front with agreed procurement strategies, and escalating in cases of persistent deviation
· Provide input for supplier selection, provides key details and guidance to the SCM and project teams, to enable best choice of supplier.
· Be a leader in introducing and coordinating improvements through training, coaching, new quality tool implementation, authoring/editing standard operating procedures, and owning CAPAs, where appropriate
· Drive value engineering by challenging cost drivers and investigating more cost effective solutions, both in project development/design and the supply chain
· Create strategy for benchmarking and cost estimating to track supplier pricing competitiveness.
· Interface with on-site management dealing with material delivery status, material discrepancy, damage, and shortage of material
· Assist with the creation of Bills of Material and pricing sheets
· Review and approve documentation for compliance with US, EU, and other international regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BA/BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Bio- Engineering, or related scientific discipline
· 5 - 7 years’ relevant experience in supplier management, procurement, and supply chain
· Expertise in relationship management and complex contract negotiations
· Experience applying advanced skills to organize, investigates, and resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
· Highly developed writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work on diverse teams located at different geographical locations
· Strong leadership, networking, and communication skills
· Familiarity with how cost calculations are derived and what direct costs and mark-ups are applicable, throughout the entire supply chain
· Familiar with regulated industries (US 21 CFR 820 and EU ISO 13485) and impacts on supplier management / purchasing controls
· Working knowledge of common computer software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc)
· 30% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS degree in Engineering, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry preferred
· 8+ years’ relevant experience in supplier management, procurement, and supply chain for In-Vitro Diagnostic Devices
· Prior experience with molecular assay and instrumentation
· Prior experience with Quality relevant processes (Audits, Nonconformance, Supplier Corrective Actions)
· Prior experience in managing and developing teams
· Prior experience leading process improvements in a regulated industry
· Prior experience with common ERP Systems (eg. SAP)
What can Siemens-Healthineers offer you?
· Full health benefits including medical, dental and vision available to you on day 1
· Matching 401k program
· 20 Days of PTO + 10 observed holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Career Advancement