System Engineer II - Fire Solutions - West Sacramento CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227626
Primary Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Designs fire detection and security systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
Verifies all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations, and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
Writes custom software application programming for the microprocessor-based fire, security, and other related systems including systems such as XL3, IXL, INS, SXL, MXL, MXLV, CXL, and XLS.
Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
Provides technical support to field technicians in solving technical, programming, mechanical, or other problems relating to the commissioning of Life Safety systems.
Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all fire codes and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience in the design, installation and maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- NICET 2 Fire Alarm Certification to be earned within 12 months of assuming the role.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Other preferences:
- NICET 2 Fire Alarm Certification