Cloud / Java Software Engineer - Advanced - Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227630
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Product Intelligence R&D - Advanced Software Engineer – Mindsphere - Charlotte, NC
Come join our startup culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Siemens PLM Product intelligence MindSphere Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
As part of the Siemens PLM MindSphere organization, this position makes significant contributions towards delivering leading IoT, big data, machine learning, and performance analytics platform and applications. We deliver state of the art applications leveraging IaaS + PaaS in an agile-based process. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for designing, delivering, and maintaining micro-services that use the Hadoop stack and other big data technologies to deliver product performance intelligence applications. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, new technologies, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack DevOps and CI/CD approach.
Watch the video below to learn more about Mindsphere and catch the excitement:
• Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for
• Work efficiently in an agile/scrum software development environment.
• Build platform components using java, web services, Hadoop, and Solr
• Build and enhance components for big data search and high volume Data
• Assist Technical Manager in planning and development of new and
• Apply coding standards and best practices during the software
development life cycle.
• Analyze and fix issues reported in QA and Production environments.
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
• Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, Ksh)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, IT, computer science,
engineering, business administration, (or lower qualification with
relevant work experience)
• Embracing change to leverage new, yet proven, technologies.
• 4 + years of software development experience using Java and JEE
• 3+ years of Software development experience creating back-end data services
• 3+ years of experience in creating and consuming web services
• Experience working with SQL, SOA, and Unix/Linux
• Experience using Maven, Git, Jenkins, Tomcat webserver or similar
• Experience with AWS or any cloud technologies.
• Experience with Solr, Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, and HBase or equivalent
technologies will be good.
• Travel Requirement 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with Java 8 or higher
• Experience in an agile, DevOps environment
• Experience in developing and implementing Micro Services.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database Platforms – SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, and/or Dynamo DB.
• Knowledge/Experience in IoT and Big Data & Analytics.
• Experience in Hadoop.