Senior Primary Engineer - Transmission Solutions
Business Unit: Transmission Solutions
Requisition Number: 227640
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Siemens Energy Management - Transmission Solutions Business Unit located in North Raleigh has responsibility for the turnkey execution of AIS/GIS/FACTS/HVDC and Grid Access project within the continental US. The candidate would be part of the Primary Engineering team which provides the layouts and primary engineering for all of the above mentioned types of project.
Senior Substation (Electromechanical) Engineer
• Develop Grounding drawings.
• Perform cable ampacity, grounding, lightning, illumination and station auxiliary load calculations.
• Create equipment specifications and detail bill of materials.
• Perform trench and conduit design.
• Review manufacturer's documentation. Develop engineering execution plans in support of a particular project schedule.
• Ensures that the engineering deliverables meet the target schedule dates, inform the Project Manager of possible delays or risk in the particular project.
• Support Marketing and Project teams in the execution of a project and in customer meetings.
• Identify, notify and provide solutions on potential problems that may adversely impact safety, reliability, cost and schedule on a project.
• Perform special assignments and provide technical advice in the area of expertise.
- Develop conceptual designs for pricing purposes.
- Review manufacturer's technical documentation to approve equipment.
- Develop engineering execution plans aligned with the project schedule.
- Coordinate internal and outsource engineering is in compliance with the project requirements, customer specifications, governing standards and constructability sound judgment.
- Participate in customer approval process to ensure approval of the designs.
- Ensures that the engineering deliverables meet the target schedule dates, inform the Project Manager of possible delays or risk in the particular project. Support Proposals and Project Execution teams and drive customer technical meetings.
- Advise on work improvement opportunities and actively participate in the engineering group processes improvement. The candidate will be a key contributor to the growth of the engineering group.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.