Senior Risk Manager - Equity
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 227655
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Financial Services Industry and Healthcare Finance Americas co-invests equity in Infrastructure Projects in the Americas. You will partner with an Originator to evaluate, structure and negotiate all potential investments. As the SRM, you will be the deal team member focused on the risk elements of a transaction and compliance with Siemens equity investment policies. Following the financial close of a deal, you will lead all asset management activities including: monitoring construction and operations, project market valuations, and project governance. You will also act as the Siemens representative on the board of directors of specific portfolio companies.
- Transaction structuring and diligence, including negotiating directly with co-investors and co-managing multiple projects and multiple diligence workstreams.
- Lead investment advisor in multi-divisional new business activities.
- Build relationships and provide expert opinions and recommendations to internal and external customers
- Asset monitoring, including monitoring project construction progress and tracking operational performance.
- Participation as a board member in portfolio companies.
- Portfolio management reporting, including preparation of internal reporting and coordination with accounting and business administration.
- Maintaining complex project models, including preparation of project valuations supported by defensible inputs during deal due diligence and asset management phases.
- Insure compliance with internal policies and guidelines for all due diligence and asset management activities.
- Continuous development of regional US, Canadian and LATAM market construct knowledge and expertise.
- Capital Markets/Structured Finance expertise
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent required. Engineering undergrad with MBA preferred.
- 10+years minimum experience in infrastructure project finance risk management/origination or PE structuring & asset management. Must be highly proficient with transaction contracts and have a strong working knowledge of agreement structuring
- Fully proficient in manipulating complex financial models, (MS Excel). Project Finance modeling experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills, to include fundamental asset valuation skills.
- Advanced understanding of markets in the Americas
- Ability to build relationships, work in a team environment with limited supervision, and demonstrate initiative and tenacity completing work-streams with short deadlines.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally and on short notice.