IT Audit Manager
Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 227660
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and
Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
IT Audit Manager
Siemens has an opportunity available as an IT Audit Manager, which offers hands-on experience identifying and solving issues that have an impact on important business decisions across Siemens globally. You will lead international teams on engagements to identify the root cause of critical issues, assess the level of impact on the business, and define actions to mitigate and prevent identified issues in the future. We offer the opportunity to get exposure across a diverse range of projects, businesses and industries all within our global company.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the team in performing IT security assessments utilizing data protection & information security standards and assessing security access & application controls.
- Assess the effectiveness of key controls in the financial application environment for compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Provide assurance over financial reporting integrity by evaluating the effectiveness of IT general controls (ITGC), IT application controls (ITAC), and manual dependent controls (MITD).
- Lead the engagement team in preparing for engagements by reviewing the audit scope, determining the work plan, and participating in the risk assessment of the client environment prior to fieldwork.
- Manage the execution of the work plan in collaboration with the Engagement Manager/Director and the team to identify potential issues, areas for improvement, and formulate recommended actions through review of documentation and client inquiry.
- Actively monitor the progress of team members and work closely with the Engagement Manager/Director by providing timely status updates, communicating observations, and potential roadblocks.
- Support the team in the execution of the audit methodology and assigned tasks. Actively provide clarification amongst team members on engagement task requirements, processes, controls and technical matters as needed.
- Review working papers of team members and discuss critical audit findings with the Engagement Manager/Director. Discuss cleared audit findings with the client and agree on management planned actions. Review initial sections of the audit report and lead discussions with management.
- Prepare engagement performance feedback of individual team members to support and promote their professional development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Strong academic background including a bachelor’s degree in IT or business related course of study
- 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in an IT Audit/Forensic role within a “Big 4” accounting firm, Siemens, or related industries
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with COBIT, ITIL, SAP, data protection & information security requirements, security access & control, data warehousing, and IT general & application controls
- Advanced expertise in applying IT audit methodologies to assess financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead diverse cross-functional teams
- Necessary skills, experience and motivation to develop out of the Controlling & Finance Audit department within 3-5 years and move into a business role at Siemens
- Commitment to continuous learning and education
- Demonstrated history of career advancement
- Ability to continue on an accelerated career track
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel required (80-100%): domestic and international
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Domestic and/or international mobility including previous experience either working or studying abroad
- Experience within a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Related professional qualification (CPA, CIA, or CISA)
- General project management expertise in a complex global organization
do I need to know?
Controlling & Finance Audit is a place where you can go beyond your horizon and get exposed to all business aspects of Siemens.
If you’re a talented professional with deep expertise and want to accelerate your career at Siemens, look at what our Grow & Develop Program can do for you. We seek candidates who have the necessary skills, experience and motivation to develop out of the Controlling & Finance Audit department within 3-5 years and move into a business role at Siemens. Our program offers exposure to Siemens global businesses, top management and the ability to work in high performing diverse international teams. The experience gained has the potential to open many new doors, help you deepen your operational experience, and can help prepare you for a variety of positions within the company.
Our team is a diverse multinational group of highly skilled and result-oriented professionals, located in numerous offices around the world. Our professionals provide extensive knowledge and experience in areas ranging from financial management and accounting to business operations, regulatory requirements, information technology as well as mergers and acquisitions.
For more information on Siemens Controlling & Finance Audit, please visit: