Senior Procurement Engineer
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 227742
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The Procurement Engineer will be responsible for reducing the total material costs of Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division, Large Drives Business Unit, by driving design to cost measures and targeting cost processes from a technical perspective. In addition and again from a technical perspective, assure the supply chain is optimized in the best interests of the business supported.
This position is responsible for participating in and/or driving project technical in nature designed to optimize the supply chain from a value-add perspective. This includes price, technical capabilities, performance and delivery. Deliverables to include: BOM evaluation and implementation of potential cost savings. Engagement with supplier to understand their long term strategies and alignment with Siemens long term strategies.
In addition the position will be required (but not limited) to:
- Facilitate and drive results for cross-functional and supply chain benefit workshops tied to the above
- Use technical knowledge to come up with ideas related to the above on your own
- Work cross-functionally to assure collaboration and team-work environment
- Visit suppliers to access capabilities and performance
- Develop and drive corrective actions for suppliers that are non-performing
- Complete product cost analysis from a materials perspective
- Lead technical discussions with Engineering counterparts
- Lead make vs buy activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Required for this position is the following:
- BS in an Engineering discipline
- Direct Material Procurement and/or Engineering experience
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications as well as B.O.M. understanding
- 8-10 years job-related work experience
- Material Performance
- Standard Microsoft Office tool knowledge (WORD, PowerPoint and Excel)
- 10% travel
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred for this position would be the following:
- Extensive experience in an electro-mechanical (more mechanical) product environment
- Experience working with an international supply chain
- SAP System knowledge
- 3D CAD Software knowledge
- Advanced skillset in MicroSoft Excel