At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This Biochemist 2 position is at Walpole Technical Operations for the China manufacturing project. The successful candidate will play a leadership role in performing technical studies as required by the China manufacturing project. The position will participate in the training of Siemens colleagues who will be based in China in order to learn Technical Operation job functions and responsibilities, and will support the China Technical Operations group investigation and troubleshooting into pilot manufacturing issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Life Science or related fields
- 6+ Years job related experience; 2-3 Years Research and Development experience.
- Strong background and experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
- Proven ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve the technical issues.
- Strong work ethic and be highly motivated to work independently with high energy.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a team leader.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and statistics software (Minitab, JMP).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in IVD product registration.
- Experience with immunoassays, including automated immunoassay analyzers, ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.