Cloud Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227768
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/digital-factory.html
Based in our Siemens PLM Software offices in Cypress, CA this position involves working within a group responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining our 3D Interoperability, 3D Visualization and
Inspection components. The candidate will work in the development, deployment and maintenance of 3D translation services on the cloud.
• Develop high-quality 3D Interoperability / Inspection micro-services
• Deploy using Docker, Kubernetes or Google App Engine (PaaS)
• Produce high caliber Requirements, Functional, Design and Test specifications
• Architect software modules
• Enhance core3D Data Translation/Inspection functionality.
• Advocating and policing quality and process
• Participate in team meetings: daily stand-ups, bi-weekly Sprint reviews, design meetings etc.
• Self-learn, to keep up with fast-moving cloud technologies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other supplemented with real world programming experience
• Expertise in Object Oriented Programming language.
• 3 - 5 years of experience in Java or C# / .NET
• Experience of working in an Agile team, especially Scrum
• Must have strong professional experience with AWS and Azure
• Must have strong experience developing micro-services
• Must have experience using Docker Containers
• Experience working with unittesting frameworks and mocking frameworks such as gtest, gmock, NUnit, etc
• Knowledge with TDD and understanding of automated testing approaches
• Experienceworking with unittesting frameworkslike JUnit, Selenium, Mockito
• Bring something special to the team, like: demonstrated leadership abilities, dev ops expertise, testing design expertise, a burning desire to innovate
Want to learn more about Siemens PLM...check this out!