Electrical Engineer (PE2)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227778
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Supports the semi-complex planning of detailed product development objectives. Participates in the preparation of semi-complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications. Provides support in review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner. Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility. Assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies. Participates in maintaining detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and basic improvements. Provides support in documenting product issues for future reference and problem resolution.
· Evaluates designs and proposes revisions to improve manufacturability.
· Identify manufacturing issues (design/process/component) and drive resolution by participating on cross-functional or project teams.
· Research and resolve electro-mechanical, production assembly and/or test issues in a timely manner.
· Define critical processes, develop assembly and test procedures, train production personnel, and verify effectiveness of process and training
· Design, develop and validate test fixtures to be used in-house and at vendor sites
· Develop Test specification for PCBA’s and high level assemblies to use for testing at vendor sites
· Interface with Vendor in resolving manufacturing issue of PCBA and higher level assemblies.
· Supports cross functional teams in a collaborative environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BSEE required (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)
· Experience with process FMEA
· FDA / ISO /Medical Device
· 3+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Lean Manufacturing.
· Experience with new product introductions and/or product transfers.