Product Engineer 2 (Electrical Background in Manufacturing Environment)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227778
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Are you a seasoned problem solver looking to join a fast paced medical device manufacturer? Do you love being part of a dynamic manufacturing organization with a continuous improvement focus? Are you an engineer who loves manufacturing and can logically tackle/improve ever evolving production problems? We are looking to hire an engineer who is self-motivated, disciplined, and drive solutions to the most complex manufacturing issues in a team based environment.
- Apply a structured approach to develop and introduce a new system module with a heavy emphasis on manufacturability, supply chain readiness, and project management
- Support the manufacturing organization by providing solutions to complex manufacturing process problems with limited direction, working in a cross functional environment
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive records of all ideas, designs, and very complex improvements required, subsequently driving their implementation or noting it as gap
Improve productivity by generating cost savings ideas, implementing improvement projects, and realizing/monitoring savings
· Evaluates designs and proposes revisions to improve manufacturability.
· Identify manufacturing issues (design/process/component) and drive resolution while troubleshooting electro mechanical devices experiencing hardware failures
· Develop assembly and test procedures, train production personnel, and verify effectiveness of process and training
· Design, develop and validate test fixtures to be used in-house and at vendor sites
· Develop Test specification for PCBA’s and high level assemblies to use for testing at vendor sites
· Interface directly with suppliers to address electrical technical issues with design or manufacturing issue of PCBA and higher level assemblies.
· Supports cross functional teams in a collaborative environment
· Initiate, review, approve, and perform implementation activities to drive Engineering Changes to completion
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BSEE required (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)
· Experience with process FMEA
· FDA / ISO /Medical Device Experience
· 2-5 years’ experience working in a medical manufacturing environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Lean Manufacturing.
· Experience with new product introductions and/or product transfers.
· Knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 standard, a plus