Account Executive - Industrial Markets
Business Unit: Commercial Finance
Requisition Number: 227798
Primary Location: United States--
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their
The Account Executive
(AE) role requires a strong background in sales and credit with a high degree
of knowledge of Industrial Markets including but not limited to construction,
machine tool, manufacturing/processing plants & material handling. Experience
in originating, qualifying and closing a variety of financing products is a
necessity, including familiarity with operating leases, and term loans. The AE
will identify opportunities and develop relationships with manufacturers,
dealers, vendor thru existing contacts as well as developing new direct
customer relationships. The annual new business expectation for this position
is @$20 million the first year and growing the territory to $30 million in
subsequent years. The Account Executive will work in conjunction with internal SFS
Commercial Finance staff to submit, approve, negotiate, document and fund transactions.
- Leads all aspects of sales activity including development of new business strategies for profitable penetration into the construction and adjacent markets.
- Leads and drives calling efforts into existing relationships as well as targets programmatic accounts resulting in profitable new business volume and the execution of key account plan.
- Works closely with management to analyze, price and structure transactions and assists in the work flow of transactional volume throughout the funding process.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of construction and adjacent industries with 8-10 years of sector-specific business development &/or account management experience.
- Experienced, articulate and polished presenter/negotiator with a track record of sustained success.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in competitive situations; focused on winning and embraces challenges.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge for area of expertise.
- Has experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners alike.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and has extensive knowledge of credit issues including a technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Knowledge and
understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions is