Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 227800
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're passionate about coding, we have a place for you.
- You will often have the duty of building, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application or program. You may also be responsible for designing the prototype application, indicate program unit structure, overseeing application plans with the development team or client.
- A Team Lead will guide you acting as your day to day supervisor in partnership with management supporting projects. They will act as both a technical point of contact working with the technical SMEs helping management with work levels, goal settings, and balancing of priorities-- with the goal to support both the people in the team and the needs of the projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree (or better) in Computer Science or something related and relevant is required as well as significant programming/development experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing code for Energy Management Systems, particularly in the SCADA area.
- Flexibility to travel from 10% to 90% depending on customer needs.
- C/C++ and SCADA programming experience is strongly preferred.
- Practical programming experience with the Spectrum Power™ platform.
- Experience working with the Spectrum Power™ RealTime database.