SITOP Power Products Promoter-TX
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 227836
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Position Title: SITOP Product Promoter
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a product Promoter focused on the SITOP product line. This position reports to the Communication, Identification & Power Products Business Segment and works closely with the Central/West Region Industrial Sales teams and channel partners. The SITOP Product Promoter will execute demand generation activities, nurture & help drive opportunities to closure to grow the SITOP power supply product line business in the US.
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated promoter driven to:
- Focus on targeted accounts and regional SITOP opportunities
- Roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs and new product launch activities
- Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and customers relative to SITOP product line; consult on SITOP products/optimal power supply selections and complex technical application assistance
- Support the sales organization to close identified opportunities
- Conducts/organizes cross functional activities related to training and marketing activities for sales channels
- Work with SITOP product marketing manager to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region
- Provides input into the requirements for the development of new products or enhancing existing products or product lines
- Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive feedback.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of “power supply” as a critical component of an automation system.
- Prior experience in a customer facing sales or technical role
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Familiarity with the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of successful and demonstrated experience in a customer facing sales or technical role
- Anticipated travel: ~50%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with Siemens’ SITOP product line
- Familiarity with commonly sold competitive power supply product lines in US industrial markets (Phoenix Contact, PULS, Meanwell, SOLA, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience in Oil & Gas industry