Supply Chain Manager - High Voltage
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 227907
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is looking for a Supply Chain Manager for their Richland, MS location. This person will lead the Supply Chain team and define/develop/implement sourcing strategies for High Voltage Products.
Candidate is responsible for but not limited to:
• Performing the functions of supply market analysis, internal Siemens demand analysis, global demand pooling, supplier selection, and negotiations of prices, terms and conditions, to maximize contribution to business objectives and operating profit.
• Completes supplier analysis in order to acquire the best suppliers and to guarantee an optimum supply chain.
• Coordinates the annual supplier evaluation process and executes formal supplier development plans, as needed.
• Maintains regular contact with internal and external interface partners to recognize new developments and exert influence accordingly.
• Completes complex reports of defined information and figures to make results transparent and controls purchasing activities on a results-oriented basis.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Collaborates with other internal departments to optimize the supply chain function and also provide best value to the business.
• Reports to Sr. Director of Finance, and will be working in a team with strategic procurement and operational purchasing staff.
• Endeavors to learn the business needs and to expand Procurement’s contribution to the company’s success.
• Coordinates with Operations and Marketing groups to develop monthly production plan
• Primary objective is to maintain high performance SCM function ensuring on-time supply of good quality materials/components, reducing costs in totality and managing SCM risks.
• Manages key supplier relationships to ensure the desired quality levels, delivery, and cost are realized, and where necessary execute corrective actions to mitigate non-conformance.
• Leads cross-functional teams in sourcing decisions; utilize Total Cost of Ownership methodologies, coordinate Make or Buy decisions, and leverage Advanced Negotiations Concepts to deliver maximum value to the business.
• Adheres to all applicable company policies in pursuit of targets, and informs internal and external stakeholders of the Procurement policies and procedures (as needed) to ensure compliance throughout the Procurement process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5+ years working in Procurement or Supply Chain Management function with Operational and Strategic knowhow.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals with differing knowledge levels.
• Role requires strong negotiation and influence communication.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Management
• Ability to work in a matrix multi-dimensional business environment
• Willingness to travel (minimum 15%) as needed for internal meetings and supplier visits; local, regional and international travel possible
• Team oriented, customer focused, time management skills
• Advanced skills using MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Comfortable negotiating supply contracts
• Prior experience in manufacturing environment and understanding of MRP
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Procurement or Supply Management Certification, such as a Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.), Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional of Supply Chain Management (C.P.S.M.)
• Experience with SAP Material Management (MM) Modules
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.