Sales Account Executive - Energy Savings Performance Contracts - MD/VA/TN
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227939
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Other Locations: United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-Virginia-Richmond
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
For more information, please visit:
• Under general supervision, sells energy management products, services and business solutions that enable the customer to reduce energy and other operations expenditures.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively completes utility data analysis, building surveys and needs assessment, financial justification and related proposals and presentations.
• Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing.
• Creates specs and estimates.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and national account management
• Experience selling in the C-Suite
• Requires a medium level of related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of related engineering, contractual, and financial concepts. Size of sales assignment will vary based on opportunity in assigned accounts and territory.
• Customer relationships at this level are primarily C-level and solution-oriented -- candidates who will be successful in this role must have proven experience executing strategic solution-oriented sales to top executives.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in engineering or a related technical field.
• Energy & Environmental Solutions sales experience or Performance Contracting Sales experience.