Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227972
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
This position is in the Technical Operations department, and supports Engineering personnel in the characterization
and validation of the automated wetcake manufacturing process in order to increase the manufacturing capacity of the
* Works with personnel from the Engineering department to develop a risk-based approach to characterization and
verification of wetcakes that have been manufactured via the small and large-scale automated wetcake processes.
* Assists in authoring risk assessment documents, characterization protocols, characterization reports, verification
protocols and verification reports.
* May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use in small and large-scale automated
* Works in the laboratory running Centaur, CP, and Atellica instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human
and animal origin.
* Coordinates and performs data analysis from Centaur runs, and writes internal reports and documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry;
* 6+ Years job related experience
* Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic
technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
* Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
* Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as
* Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Advanced degree preferred: Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry;
* Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.