Site Engineering Team Leader - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227975
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, in assigned geographic area or location.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
• Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group.
• Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
• Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
• Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work.
• Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
• Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
• Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
• Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance.
• Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
• Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience required. A High School Diploma (or GED) is a minimum requirement.
• 5 years of industry experience.
• 3 years of supervisory experience
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.