Product Support Graphic Design Specialist
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 227979
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Product Support, Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for product labeling design and support. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Molecular Product Labeling for the Siemens Molecular Diagnostics business.
This position is a key member of the Molecular Product Labeling group that ensures that all product labeling artwork requirements are met for new and existing product changes, including, but not limited to, labels, packaging, and user documents. This individual is responsible for supporting project or product labeling requirements and specifications.
This position requires a motivated team player who can align with and support the Siemens Healthcare business principles, mission, objectives, and goals.
- Provide complex communications materials/activities to promote and support the mission, objectives, and business goals of the organization
- Independently process and interpret complex information to perform all areas of standard professional level work
- Follow SOPs to meet compliance requirements for all document, Quality, and MPL activities
- Plan and execute product labeling artwork templates, designs and edits (e.g., labels, manual, IFUs) for multiple product lines
- Participate in the management of product and company branding for product labeling
- Identify and resolve complex problems as related to product labeling artwork
- Assure timely completion of labeling deliverables to meet project/product requirements
- Support document management (e.g., Documentum, SAP), Change Control (e.g., ECOs), and other process requirements
- Perform format/proofreading reviews of product labeling per approved processes and procedures
- Participate in and contribute to product development and change project teams, to ensure timeliness and accuracy of deliverables
- Other tasks as assigned by Department Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Agile and flexible team player
- Able to effectively manage short term and long term deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of English grammar and punctuation
- Able to facilitate clear communication with stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Intermediate to Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe FrameMaker
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Molecular Diagnostic or other In Vitro Diagnostic products
- Experience with Documentum, SAP and SharePoint, and XML is desirable
- Experience working within a regulated industry with quality management system requirements is desirable