Field Service Representative
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228007
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
The Field Service Representative will be responsible for installs, commissions, and services of complex engineered-to-order PLC-based control systems and related auxiliary equipment used in rotating and reciprocating machinery worldwide.
- Legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to diagnose electrical/mechanical problems quickly on running or operating machinery.
- The willingness and ability to travel with short notice for up to 90% of the time for up to a 60 day duration.
- The willingness and ability to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
- The willingness and ability to complete an offshore survival class.
- The willingness and ability to be transported over open water by boat, helicopter or personnel transfer basket.
- 3 years experience in a petrochemical environment.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Project.
- Natural leadership and communicative skills.
- Service orientation with certain commercial sense.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that customer installs, commissions, operates and maintains Dresser-Rand supplied equipment in accordance with the Instruction Manual.
- Write and debug complex Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) software routines.
- Serve as lead technical liaison for Dresser Rand during actual commissioning activities.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to customer's installation, operations and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain comprehensive Site Activity Reports.
- Act as the technical liaison between the client and relevant DR entities for resolving technical, warranty, and logistical matters.
- Develop equipment installation and maintenance schedules with customer input.
- Champion Dresser Rand's and client's on-site health and safety at work procedures.