Financial Analyst 5
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 228013
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Financial Analyst role in Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Business Performance Controlling Team will initiate, execute and evaluate effectiveness of planning, analysis and reporting activities within the business area. Through best in class, data-driven analytics, this role will partner with cross-functional teams for strategic and tactical decision making; support the generation of financial insights in the monthly/quarterly global results, with focus on global profitability targets and bridging results. This role requires a strong ability to analyze data with quality in mind.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Drive and optimize monthly forecast process resulting in messaging consistent with C-suite and communicate with other entities within Siemens (e.g., Siemens Healthineers vertical roll-up), including annual budgeting, and assessment on target attainment throughout the year. Recommend corrective actions as required, drive the implementation of actions and continuous improvement projects
· Using data-driven decision making process, align organization and collaborate with stakeholders to implement targeted performance improvement. Specific analytics include global forecast and actual variances, gather and evaluate key business activities and status impacting forecasts to senior financial team, key manufacturing and R&D variances considerations, consistent messaging of bridges, etc.
· Act as a world-wide Controller / Financial partner for the POC Marketing team (VP and Senior Directors) to establish and drive attainment of P&L targets. Areas of management include keeping-up with competitor news and analyzing impacts on portfolio, strategic planning of the product lines, execution of strategic priorities in annual budgeting process, modeling 5-year strategic plans, financial leads in QBR's and monthly operations reviews
· Conceptualize and execute complex analytics for various topics to support and drive business decision making
· Develop and evolve monthly, quarterly presentations to senior executives on status of business unit objective attainment and key recommendations. Support finance leadership in integrating into BU community and culture
· Ensuring consistent communication and actions for accurate books and records of the organization. Develop control processes for key spending & process areas
· Consistently practice Risk Management and monitor the effectiveness of internal controls and provide recommendations
· Implement accounting policies and procedures that conform to IFRS15 and internal policy
Capabilities Required for the Position:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA or equivalent
· Candidates typically have 8-10 years of progressive analytical experience
· Proficient Business knowledge and knowledge of the organizational structure, the reporting structure & process and the budget and forecast process
· Ability to distill business processes and results into actionable information for senior leadership; strong presentation skills
· Strong systems skill in SAP BW, expert Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
· Ability to analyze and organize with quality in mind is a main requirement for the position
· Arranging and balancing activities to comply with various tasks and due dates is a key requirement
· Knowledge and experience in project management. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required
· Good communication and networking skills, result and quality orientation as well as a pro-active attitude.
· Excellent team player
Position reports directly to Senior Director, POC Business Performance Controlling and is based in Norwood, MA USA.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Direction of Others:
This role is an individual contributor role.