Electrical Maintenance Technician
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 228018
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-New Castle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is made up of 348,000 of the worlds smartest minds. We create innovations that matter. And champion the people who make them happen. It’s the people that make our company, not the other way around. We share our ideas and talk about what’s coming next. Because we’re making the future. And we invite you to join us.
As our Electrical Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the repair center. You will give working direction to a group of technicians, perform day-to-day repairs and complete all necessary paperwork associated with repairs. You will collaborate with engineering, supply chain and procurement teams to handle any issue or question that arise during the repair process. Your main focus will be on overhauls of 350 Traction Inverter Containers. Come help us build the future!
- Perform Traction Inverter Container Overhauls.
- Manage the Day to Day operations of the Repair Center.
- Give working direction to 1-3 Technicians.
- Perform and manage any ad-hoc repairs by working engineering.
- Coordinate repair instructions with engineering and/or 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Process Work orders and material usage through SAP.
- Coordinate Material Pick-up/Delivery with Supply Chain and Warehouse Teams.
- Plans and executes assigned maintenance projects.
- Analyzes technical problems on site, and completes repairs and work orders.
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to prepare machines and equipment for operations.
- Contributes to installation projects on site, and support accountable Industrial Engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
- Advise junior staff technically.
- Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture and speak up when necessary as a stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers.
- Ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with processes and procedures
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 7-10 Years Working in Electronics’ Manufacturing or Repair Environment
- Experience working with Large High Voltage Systems.
- Ability to read Technical Documents and Schematics.
- Must have general mechanical and electrical skills with knowledge of common electrical safety practices.
- Excellent understanding of electrical circuitry for AC and DC, and troubleshoot issues.
- Familiarity and experience in working around or with high voltage electricity
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Experience working On Railroad equipment freight or passenger.
- Experience with SAP System
- Experience with electrical test equipment (multi-meters, power meters, meggars, power supplies, current transformers, hi pot equipment, etc.) is desired.