Project Development Engineer - Electro-mechanical (2-5 years expereince)
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 228025
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry has an opening for Project Development Engineer located in Richland, MS. This group has been in operation at this location for over forty years and employs more than 300. The facility has three product lines (High Voltage Circuit Breakers, Transformers, and Surge Arrestors). This opening is in the HVCB group and will be integral in design and rollout of new products as well as support of existing products. The successful candidate should have a strong work ethic, be detail oriented and driven to get the job done on time with high quality. This position will be developed and viewed as “Technical Expert” in the High Voltage Circuit Breaker Group.
· Designing, analyzing, and implementing High Voltage Circuit Breakers in the US.
· Design customer-requested modifications to existing products.
· Create and maintain product manuals and other technical documents.
· Participate in root cause investigations of equipment failures.
· Plan, Set-up, Conduct and Document mechanical and electrical development tests. Maintain all documents relating to development testing and design maintenance of the High Voltage Circuit Breaker product line
· Provide technical support and guidance to application engineering, quality, production, and order engineering.
· Participate in vendor qualification.
· Participate in relevant standards committee(s) and interact with global counterparts to assure compliance of design.
· Conduct technical training as required.
· Travel may be required domestic and international (15%)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering, preference given to electrical or mechanical.
2. Ability to understand and create technical drawings.
3. Understanding/experience of AC and DC electrical circuits and electrical test equipment.
4. Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
6. Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Prior experience with high-voltage products and testing, power engineering or energy/utility industry experience
2. Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, NEMA standards for circuit breakers
3. Knowledge or experience with structural design and analysis / simulation
4. Working knowledge of CAD software such as Inventor, Autocad Electrical, ProE, Ansys, etc.
5. Knowledge and experience writing technical documents and reports.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.