Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 228045
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens PLM Software is seeking a cloud solution architect for
building and supporting web-based applications, services, and systems.
Candidate must have a diverse set of skills and a forward-thinking
attitude to develop cloud platform services with a containerized
microservice-based architecture. This role requires good interpersonal
skills for working with product owners, system engineers, and other
application developers around the globe.
As part of the NX architecture core team, the candidate also need to
design and programming complex functionality for the NX CAD product
with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high
quality and on-time delivery.
• Design, build, and manage cloud and container environments for a
world-leading mechanical CAD product.
• Sizing and capacity planning. Automate deployment of great products and
services in cloud environments.
• Design and develop intelligent operation and operation platform, tools
• Participate in solving the problems of capacity, performance and stability of cloud environment.
• Mentor and onboard junior developers on cloud related projects.
• Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements
of other non-cloud projects.
• Design and implement architecture core services for a CAD product.
• Write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of
defects over time.
• Maintain existing software code - analyze and resolve customer and
internally reported problems.
• Follow Agile Software Development methodology.
Contribute in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) environment.
• Adhere to best practices in coding, documentation, test automation, and
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
3 + years of experience with designing and implementing PAAS or SAAS architecture on top of popular cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
• Be proficient in at least one scripting language: Shell, PHP, Python,
Go, Perl, PowerShell.
• Object-oriented programming experience using C++.
• Robust knowledge and understanding of databases, such as MySql, SQL
Server, Oracle DB, NoSQL or MongoDB.
• Have a good understanding of modern, cloud centric architectures and
• Familiar with mainstream IaaS provider services from AWS and or Azure.
In depth understanding of networking technologies like TCP/IP, LAN/WAN,
HTTP, DNS and troubleshooting techniques.
• Ability to tackle problems involving large, complex systems.
Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and
geographical and time zone boundaries.
• Experience with Agile development, CICD, and Acceptance Test Driven
• Proficiency in cross-location communication and the English language.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 8 + years’ experience as an Infrastructure Architect/Engineer.
• Ability to define infrastructure as code using tools like Ansible,
Chef, or Puppet.
• Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance
• Experience in supporting large scale, production deployments on main
stream cloud platforms.
• Linux and/or Windows administration experience.
Preferred Certifications (any of the below):
• Google Cloud Architect
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer