Client Services Manager
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228047
Primary Location: United States-California-Rancho Dominguez
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
The Client Services Manager will function as the client liaison for projects and proposals with Sales, Legal, Engineering, and Operations.
The incumbent will also act as the first-line contact between a Client and/or Sales Account Manager/Business Development Manager for select accounts.
This role supports the Customer Service function by providing proposals and acting as a primary liaison for correspondence and communications with Clients, both internal and external.
This role primarily focuses on key accounts is the primary support function of the growth.
- High school diploma
- Legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer
- minimum 5 years technical experience, preferably in the oil & gas sector
- Strong capability in proposal development and project management
Capable of understanding and negotiating commercial terms and conditions
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Client service or Project Management role or similar capacity
- Familiarity with Dresser-Rand Equipment and services, specifically rotating equipment (steam turbine, centrifugal, and reciprocating compressor) field and/or shop service
- Experience working in an organization with a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
CSM / Project Manager may perform some or all of these responsibilities listed below.
- Prepare LTSA proposals and proposals for Clients working with the various sales groups from around the the US as necessary.
- Assistance in development and implementation of strategies with the appropriate sales personnel to close high revenue opportunities.
- The primary liaison for Clients while work is in the shop between Management, Operations, and Sales for high targeted accounts such as alliance and LTSA Clients.
- Have a working knowledge of our repair facilities and capabilities.
- Attend sales visits to Clients with sales personnel as needed and requested in order to assist in selling to large accounts in a team effort.
- The primary contact in project implementation once work has been awarded, including but not limited to, synergy opportunities within D-R and LTSA opportunities.
- Interpret Client maintenance and/or repair specifications to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Review contractual terms and conditions for service specifications.
- Negotiate contracts per policy directly with the Client, working with legal, risk management, and sales departments.
- Issue Work Order Releases (WOR’s) to the shop for initiating jobs, releasing repairs, and advising the shop of changes in scope from the Client and when notifying the shop a change in scope has been approved by the Client.
- Support shop personnel in execution of activity described in recommendations.
- Liaison between Client and shop regarding status, contract changes and needs, etc.
- Develop specific quotations for repair work scopes with associated detailed costs.
- Prepare and deliver project documentation and progress reports for internal and external Clients.
- Closely monitor ongoing job-costs, with focus on cost actual versus quote/estimate.
- Collaborate with technical specialists and QA to ensure that all jobs are completed within job specific or general quality guidelines and assurances.
- Collaborate with all necessary departments of D-R to ensure providing cost efficient, competitive proposals, and then falling through with assistance of implementation once awarded.
- Create and deliver commercial prequalification packages for prospective Clients as necessary.
- Work closely with the CSM personnel to assist with preparing transactional quotes as dictated by overall workload of the department.
- Generate work-scopes for components detailing how inspections and repairs are to be performed with the Operations Department recommendations.
- Calculate hours required for inclusion on inspection and repair work-scopes with the Operations Department recommendations.
- Routinely check on the progress and condition of jobs currently being worked.
- Submit purchase requisitions for any special materials or outside services needed for the completion of the job.
- Assist with all technical issues that arise related to work in progress or previously completed jobs.
- Ensure technical information necessary for viewing by the Client once inspections and/or repairs are complete are presented to the Client in an appropriate manner.
- Understand and relay the different needs, on a technical basis, to the Engineering and Operations department with accounts from different regions of the world and in the US.