Service Operations Team Leader - Fire Services
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228053
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position is a first line supervisory position. Manages service Project Managers and Field Technicians. Manages multiple service projects and contracts with a total revenue less than five million (<5M).
• Supervises the activities and performance of all service project management and service Project Managers.
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T and M work in assigned geographic area or location.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates. Also ensures T and M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion. Supervises account engineering activities including service project work, material ordering, shipping, service agreement labor plans, customer satisfaction and service accounts receivable.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work. Utilizes the Service agreement low GM improvement process, service tools, and assists in monthly forecasting.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements with engineers. Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
• Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
• Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Skills/Knowledge, Education, and Experience
* 8 years of experience in the life safety industry with emphasis on Fire
* Florida EC license preferred• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+years experience in Engineering or Project Management
• 2+years of supervisory experience
Employees Supervised: 8 to 17
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan