Service Project Manager
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228071
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Fairfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
The Field Service Project Manager is responsible for all phases of Field Service Projects, sales, planning/coordination and management for the repair, revamp, installation and modernization of Dresser-Rand and non-nameplate equipment.
Project Managers should have creative thinking abilities so they are able to handle certain situations. They deal with different levels of people and need to be able to communicate on each level. They should be efficient in their paperwork to ensure proper documentation of the project, as well as maintain the targeted invoice cycle time.
This position will primarily support projects within the Midwest Region (Ohio, Michigan)
- Ability to travel up to 75 % and work OT as needed
- Ability to work with hourly personnel and customers effectively
- Technical and creative problems solving skills
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment, Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Compressor Engines & Turbines
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with "can-do" attitude
- Personable & professional appearance
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in engineering
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in project management or related Industry
- Extensive knowledge in at least one of D-R Product lines, knowledge in several lines is desirable
- Knowledge of the application of above products at customer’s facilities.
- Good commercial acumen & market knowledge
- Sell, plan, coordinate and manage Field Service projects for the repair, revamp, installation of D-R and non-nameplate equipment worldwide.
- In charge of total D-R coordination to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with our services and equipment.
- Complete ownership of Field Service projects
- Quote projects
- Negotiate with clients on projects regarding job scope and pricing
- Initiate project manpower requirements and tooling requirements
- Manage project costs and margins. Communicate with client during project, relative to costs and job progress.
- Collect project daily report information, assessments, repair reports from Repair Center, Field Service Reps and Repair Center where applicable.