Production Supervisor - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 228082
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
- Drive safety culture by actively engaging with the shop floor operations
- Drive quality throughout the process by ensuring process adherence.
- Drive continuous improvement and be a champion of change
- Drive accountability of direct reports
- Maintain a culture of respect within the group
- Collaborate with peers to achieve overall plant targets.
- Maintain a sense of urgency to meet customer delivery dates.
- High School Diploma required; A four year degree is preferred
- Ideal candidate should have excellent people skills - must be a good communicator and listener
- Prior knowledge of electrical and electronics assembly is a plus
- A very good proficiency in Microsoft office suite is required. Knowledge of payroll software, SAP is a plus.
- 2-5 years Prior experience of leading skilled hourly work force is required
- Ability to work and lead in a diverse environment is desired
- Be able to address and resolve conflict in a positive manner
- This position will only require very minimal travel