Quality Engineer - Will consider Entry Level
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 228085
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
This position is in the Quality Department in Richland, MS reporting to the Quality Manager. The position is accountable for ensuring product/process integrity for high voltage circuit breakers through the development and implementation of systems that support internal processes such as the nonconformance system, final or in-process inspections, root cause analysis, 8D corrective actions, and other QC related activities.
This position is accountable for:
• Reducing non conformances and/or errors found in inspections and working with QM, Engineering, and Production to eliminate repeat issues.
• Getting root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions in place while ensuring 8D method is followed effectively through implementation.
• Ensuring containment activities are performed when a non-conformance is discovered to prevent repeat issues.
• Timely completion of CAPA’s assigned to you for repeat issues / major issues with detailed root cause, corrective and preventive action and containment performed diligently.
• Supporting any customer witness points, external and internal customer requests, cost reduction activities, performing lessons learned and best practice sharing within teams.
• Performing detailed final and/or in-process inspections on product in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Reading electrical schematic drawings and product design drawings versus bill of materials.
• Reading and dissecting bill of materials to determine customer specific inspection items.
• Coordinating with Production Supervisor and/or Quality Manager, have ability to prioritize inspection needs that align with customer promise dates and/or manufacturing need.
• Making authoritative decisions on what cannot ship to customer and know when to escalate these decisions to Quality Manager.
• Working as a team member on various cross-functional High Impact Project teams.
• Ensuring quality alerts are completed in a timely fashion. Ensuring all have a corrective action plan completed quickly by the supplier.
• Reporting quality issues, performance and metrics to management and other department team members as needed.
• Working with supplier quality engineer on addressing issues found in the plant on supplied parts.
• Participating in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
• Participating in making changes to our Quality Management System.
• Writing and properly communicating internal or supplier related procedures or Quality Alerts as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Required.
• Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Basic knowledge of how to read and understand electrical schematic drawings and 2D Autocad drawings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Basic knowledge of High Voltage Products desired
• Basic knowledge of SAP preferred
• Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions, Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Good analytical skills, root cause analysis skills, time management skills, be self-motivated and self-directing and ability to proceed with minimal direction and information, good data mining skills and good computer skills, ability to self-learn, good networking skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- A competitive base salary - Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start. - Extensive training along with career development.
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.