Process Safety Consultant
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 228089
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks through a combination of formal training, mentoring, and on-the-job training:
• Identify overpressure scenarios for various types of processing equipment
• Calculate relief loads for various types of overpressure scenarios
• Evaluate pressure relief device capacities
• Utilize process simulation tools (i.e., HYSYS, PRO/II, Visual Flow, FlareNet, etc.)
• Interpret data from piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information, typical unit operation specifications and electrical one-line diagrams
• Collect mechanical design information and typical unit operation specifications from client site
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 0 to 2 years’ experience in an alternate occupation or any suitable combination of education, training, and experience.
• Expected travel up to 10%