Associate Project Manager - Fire
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228090
Primary Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, manages multiple projects typically less than 500K or multiple projects from pre‐booking to customer acceptance. Performs Fire System Project Management activities including labor planning, forecasting, monthly cost re‐estimates, customer satisfaction and job closeout. Responsible for management of project profitability and other project‐related financial measures. Ensures customer satisfaction of all related scope and functions of assigned projects.
• Participates in pre‐bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre‐determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re‐estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk‐thru and manages the completion of all close‐out documentation such as As‐Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
· Associate’s Degree in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and fire industry specific experience.
· Minimum 2yrs successful experience in project management OR 5+ yrs fire alarm experience (installing, programming, or servicing) and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
· Required travel: 5%
· Strong knowledge of business operations; contracting skills; an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
· Bachelor's or Associate Degree
· MS Project Scheduling
· TX State FAL
· NICET II Fire Alarm Technologies or higher
· Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) – will be required within 1yr of hire
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.