Process Safety Consultant
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 228098
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the area of Process Safety Management and industry guidelines including:
• API 520/521/526/200 and ASME codes
• Process Safety Management as defined in OSHA CFR 1910.119 with direct experience executing projects.
• Interpretation and implementation of engineering data and industry standards to determine the limitations and capabilities of process units and their pressure relief systems and recommend actions or mitigation plans by:
• Developing overpressure simulations or heat & material balance using process simulation tools.
• Performing engineering calculations associated with pressure relief system design and analysis.
• Analyzing vapor and liquid disposal systems.
• Perform quality checks on projects before delivery to the client and communicate technical requirements and deliverables.
• Provide new design specification and action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements to be in compliance with the regulations.
• Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining best practices and value proposition to support customer needs.
• Attend, participate and present at specified industry technical conferences and seminars.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating and/or engineering consulting business environment.
• Experience in the area of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas processes including refining is a plus.
• Demonstrated technical competence in the field of process safety.
• Preferred skills:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to lead and influence teams.
• Interface at various levels in an organization, and externally with clients within the industry.
• Proficient in understanding of OSHA requirements for Process Safety Management
• Expected travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.