Welder/Mechanic - Night Shift
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228110
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Provide welding and mechanical support for the HSC second shift.
- Minimum five (5) year experience as a qualified welder of rotating equipment and associated components.
- Minimum High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Understanding of the abrasive media blast process.
- Understanding of dangers to personal health and to equipment when performed improperly.
- Possess the ability to clearly, professionally, and effectively communicate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Use of fingers and hands to write; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Under general supervision, perform set-up and operate a variety of welding machines and heat treating equipment.
- Perform SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW type welding under ASME Section IX on centrifugal compressor and steam turbine equipment.
- Interpret dimension and tolerance symbols identified on prints, manufacturing drawings and verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by prints, specifications or procedures.
- Interpret and execute Preheat and PWHT procedures and instructions.
- Record and maintain welding logs and welding records.
- Maintain all welding department associated equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other shop equipment.
- Assist all product lines in disassembly, clean, inspection, repair and assembly as required or instructed.
- Interact with other production employees, engineering, and management in the execution of day to day job tasks.
- Promote and execute compliance with all safety and quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions.
- Perform all general shop tasks assigned by supervisor or any other duties assigned by management.
- This position is performed in a shop environment. The weld shop area is subject to extreme dust, noise, and temperature. Proper PPE is to be worn at ALL times.