HVAC Controls Service Technician I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228116
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Service Specialist performs technical service agreement tasks, and scheduled assignments to ensure that a customer’s building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor, this role will be based out of our Bellevue, Washington branch and will support our customer base in the greater Seattle metropolitan area.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Prices, proposes, and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, automation system programming, creation of building automation system graphics and sequence of operation verification during the commissioning process. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Participates is final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred.
- 2+ years experience with electrical or electro-mechanical installation or maintenance.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
- Working engineering and programming background preferred—particularly with PLC or BAS/DDC systems.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan