Digital FactoryBusiness Unit:
Product Lifecycle Management-PLMRequisition Number:
United States-Ohio-MilfordAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Engineering Consulting Services
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Fall 2018 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company. We have positions available in Product Driven Services, which sits within our Engineering Consulting Services organization.
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is an organization within Siemens PLM responsible for creating custom tools for Siemens PLM Software implementation engineers. The Product Driven Services team creates tools for services personnel to design, implement, and test complex data migration and data mapping problems around the globe. These tools are developed using the Eclipse IDE for Java developers. In ECS you will play a key role in developing Java solutions from conception to production. In ECS you will proactively:
- Develop start-from-scratch Java tools to aid Siemens PLM Software implementation engineers worldwide
- Discover all aspects of software architecture, design, and development
- Drive projects in Java, XML, XSLT, the Eclipse Rich Application Client framework, and database mapping concepts
- Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
- Studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United State without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Strong coding skills in Object-Oriented programming (preferably Java)
- Passionate about participating in a collaborative, mentorship program
- Proactive leader with strong work ethic
- Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, and communication skills
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Inspires teamwork
- Commanding grasp of Microsoft office
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program