SQL Server Database Administrator
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 228136
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Maryland Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
The SQL Server Database Administrator performs installations, general administration and tuning of SQL Server Databases. This position is directly involved with the management and support of SQL Server Databases that are leveraged for business applications. The high level activities include general SQL support, participation on small and large projects. This position will be responsible for ensuring that Siemens DF PLs SQL Server environment continue to migrate to current releases, implement policies and procedures defined by central compliance organizations and help deliver mission critical applications based on SQL Server.
The IT Applications Engineer Position is part of the Siemens DF PL Enterprise Applications Engineering Group with responsibilities covering Database Administration, Applications Administration and Application Security.
- Performs Installations, configuration, administration,
tuning of SQL
Server Databases. Has a Deep understanding of Database concepts,
specifically SQL Server
- Completes migration or upgrades of databases to newer versions
- Understands and executes database backups and restores.
- Develops and maintains TSQL DB maintenance scripts
- Participates on complex projects with Development Teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or other supplemented with experience
- 5+ years’ of experience with SQL Server Database versions 2008 – 2016
- Strong SQL query and tuning skills
- Strong Windows Skills
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Project Management Knowledge
- Operates without supervision and may direct activities of other technical employees
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Oracle DBA Knowledge
- SAP Hana DBA Knowledge
- Postgres DBA Knowledge
- SSIS Knowledge
- Linux OS Knowledge
- Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer Knowledge
- CommVault Backup and Recovery Knowledge
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.