Account Development Rep - Siemens PLM - Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 228143
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Inside Product Specialist III- Account Development Rep- Charlotte, NC
Siemens Account Development Representatives work directly with selling teams, in an assigned region, to identify, penetrate, and cultivate new business opportunities. Execution of new business strategies will include research, cold calling, and advanced qualification. Team members will set meetings, schedule technical resources, track activity and proactively update selling teams on next steps for new and developing opportunities.
Candidates must be highly proficient in communication and coordination with internal organizations. They must understand the overall value proposition of the solutions they are selling and be able to quickly communicate the message. Success in the position depends heavily on building a trusted partnership with the local sales team to define a dynamic list of target accounts and agreement on upfront pursuit strategies.
Target account development and management:
- Prepare and setup for outbound daily calls and other pursuit strategies
- Conduct initial phone qualification and research on assigned target accounts to gather intelligence
- Build prospect interest in the products and services offered by Siemens PLM Software through web, social media, e-mail and primarily phone interaction
- Enrich and profile our databases (Eloqua and SalesForce) to identify new interest
- Systematically follow-up all target account activities to develop total qualified opportunities that produce an above average close rate
- This position requires an individual who is able to interact with a large variety of people: sales and marketing teams, customers, prospects and specialists from various industrial sectors and at different levels of responsibility including the executive level. Building relationships over the phone to develop business is essential. The individual must be articulate and have story-telling ability.
- Fearless and Persistence in cold calling new account targets
- Must currently reside in the Charlotte areas.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- At least 2-3yrs of some type of business development or sales-related experience
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
- Growing existing accounts in new divisions and qualifying new business prospects
- Proven ability to open doors, and build relationships at all levels in an organization
- Able to think creatively and apply new ideas to overcome objections and barriers
- Works well on a team and has strong communication skills
- Highly organized and can manage a large volume of opportunities
- Proficient in using CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Ability to research and quickly simulate information into action
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Inside sales and/or direct selling experience
- Engineering and or technical background beneficial
- Working knowledge of CRM systems