Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 228154
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're a Project Manager with power systems industry experience, we have a place for you.
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with business users and partners after detailed technical and commercial review of project deliverables.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, establishing landmarks and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Identify and lead project dependencies and critical path.
- Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain project course.
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Develop and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle and lead single and multi-product medium voltage solutions projects
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in engineering, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Power Systems business experience
- Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a solid track record of leading multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
- A dedication to develop, drive, and handle projects in a highly competitive market
- Excellent written and verbal skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PMI Certification