Sr Internal Communications Specialist
Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 228230
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
External – vendors, contractors, professional development organizations, senior internal comms professionals at peer companies.
• Within the PS (Power Service) division, partners with C-level Comms, Trade Press/Social Media, MarCom, Digitalization, Human Resources, EHS and other departments to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications to equip employees to be ambassadors of PS and BU’s (Busines Units) internally and externally.
• Create communications that connect with and engage employees to PS’s/the BUs’ strategic priorities, specifically around the Magnificent 7.
• Contribute to and be aligned with a PS editorial calendar for the year to keep internal news flowing and aligned across the organization
• Drive further digitalization of internal communications using new digital communication platforms
• Ensure messages across BU’s, divisions, and corporate are connected to the overall plan
• Ensure consistent voice and messages, and adherence to corporate style guidelines in internal comms content such as company newsletters, intranet, emails/memos, webcasts, videos, employee meetings, etc.
• Use expertise in change communications management to drive desired change in the business, and effectively integrate employees from M&A activities, etc.
• Support employee recognition campaigns for PS, including the annual Spark Awards
• Act as a trusted advisor for the Division in assigned internal communications activities
• Use and share best practices (especially from energy-related divisions) and align on corporate campaigns
• Participate in and act as a senior member of the internal communications network
• Measure progress against KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of communication plan delivery; use learnings and feedback for continuous improvement
• Drive special internal projects as needed
• Serve as a mentor and support for others in the internal communications team.
• Drive best practices within the function of internal comms
• Manage vendors and contractors to support as needed
• Minimum 7 plus years work experience in business communications, preferably in an internal communications capacity
• Bachelor’s degree required, in a related concentration
• Background working in or with B2B companies
• Experience creating content (articles, videos, podcasts, etc.) following editorial guidelines and publishing on appropriate platforms
• International experience (worked internationally or as part of a global team) preferred
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail
• Experienced storyteller with examples across print, speech, and digital platforms
• Experience developing and executing strategic communications plans and change strategies
• Experience developing effective internal initiatives from ideation through execution
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities and urgent issues successfully and simultaneously.
• Demonstrated skills in leading projects
• Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels of the company, including senior management
• Understanding of Siemens business, especially in the energy sector
• Willingness to travel (10-20%)