Service Coordinator - Building Technologies - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Procurement
Requisition Number: 228243
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Effectively coordinates and schedules branch service activities and resources to ensure customer expectations and commitments are met while delivering high quality service to assigned product lines.
• Provides support, information, prioritization and coordination of assignments for field service personal.
• Serves as the main point of contact for all service customers to ensure expectations are being met.
• Proactively follows-up with customer after completion of service visit to ensure a high level of satisfaction with quality of work received.
• Coordinates monthly quality assurance efforts of appropriate branch personnel.
• Handles decisions regarding the scheduling and movement of manpower and material.
• Schedules and dispatches field labor force to meet customer requests and expectations based upon nature of call, urgency, contractual obligation, available resources and customer needs.
• Ensures all service requests and dispatches are well documented, coordinated, prioritized and organized.
• Reviews, processes and distributes all service documentation including service orders, timesheets, packing slips, purchase orders, accounts payable vouchers, MTO's and/or RMTR's as assigned.
• Also assists in processing credit memos and collections.
• Assists in project profitability through cost containment procedures and processes.
• Maintains timely set up and completeness of related job folders as assigned.
• Utilizes, maintains and updates all employee, service call and customer information in SAP.
• Utilizes, where appropriate, all features including but not limited to service reporting, time stamping, TSP planning and scheduling, etc.
• May be responsible for non-installed parts sales including processing orders, pricing and invoicing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School or GED.
• Some experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response in a related or technical industry required.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and business software systems (i.e. SAP)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Technical school or Associates degree (2 year).
• Familiarity or experience with control, HVAC systems and engineering.