Service Technician - Fire & Security
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228263
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) within 12 months of hire.
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan