Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 228279
Primary Location: United States-New York-Corning
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
• Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
• Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations.
• Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
• Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• Generates DDC point database on all projects.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Oversees the creation of system graphics.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
• Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
• May perform some field activities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although an Associate’s Degree/Certification in HVAC or other technical field along with equivalent experience will also be considered.
• 0-2 years engineering experience preferred, however candidates with at least an Associate's Degree in HVAC will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.