J1 International Intern - Software for Robotics and Automation
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 228285
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you interested in driving the revolution from automated to autonomous systems in real industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Automation Engineering Software located in Princeton, NJ, for a 5 – 9 month internship, and design and implement software for engineers in diverse application areas such as advanced manufacturing in smart factories, intelligent transportation systems, and robotics. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for international students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment in the US.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on implementing software and commissioning and maintaining demos using industrial hardware for engineering of factory automation and autonomous machines
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields software development solving real-world problems
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current master’s student in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Profound knowledge of computer science and software development
- Experience in developing algorithms
- Excellent object-oriented programming knowledge in C# and C++ (Java can also be considered)
- Experience commissioning and maintaining industrial robots is a plus
- Experience in embedded programming considered
- Domain knowledge of industrial automation, robots and robot vision is preferred
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Please note: This posting is for J-1 International Intern candidates only as part of the Exchange Visitor Program. Accepted interns will be required to apply for J-1 visa sponsorship through our provider. You will need to provide evidence of your enrollment or graduation and will be responsible for a portion of visa fees including health insurance. If you are currently enrolled in a university in the United States and are interested in an internship with Siemens USA, please view and apply to our other internship opportunities.