Software Developer - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 228314
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market
leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and
system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection;
life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995,
Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide,
including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center
Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and
the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will work at the Siemens Building Technologies Digital Service Center. This person will contribute to customer-facing websites, internal analytic systems and internal websites.
* Design and implement elements of various websites, including real-time and historical data presented in tabular, graphical and animated forms.
* Design and implement algorithms for fault detection and diagnostics, and for the aggregation of voluminous data into meaningful facts.
* Participate in complex, multi-threaded software design, development, testing and documentation. Contribute to build and deployment systems. Work with devops team to speed and automate deployment.
* Work independently and innovate to solve new problems in data analytics, using both traditional statistics and machine learning methods.
* Constantly strive to follow best practices with integrity and enthusiasm.
* Communicate successfully with a wide spectrum of colleagues, from customers to testers to support technicians to building engineers to other software professionals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
* BS/BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of five years' experience in Java and the J2EE platform, including the gamut of related technologies, such as Spring, Tomcat, Memcached, Kafka, JDBC and so on. Strong understanding of common design patterns in web applications, especially REST-based web services. Good grasp of best practices in security for web-based applications.
* Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
* Experience deploying to Unix/Linux operating systems.
* Experience with Cassandra.
* Experience with Agile development methodology.
* Experience with jQuery, Angular, and Highcharts.
* Experience with AWS.
* Experience with Groovy and other JVM-based languages.