Buyer (Materials Logistics Spec 2)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228318
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Are you ready to make an impact to a growing business with great success and future market potential? We are searching for a Buyer to join our busy and expanding team in the beautiful mountains of Flanders, NJ.
The Flanders site has significantly expanded the manufacturing operations for the Laboratory Diagnostics business within Siemens, Healthineers. We continue to grow and support the ramp up of complex diagnostics instruments in to the new facility. This change brings growth and opportunities within the supply chain and it is a particularly exciting time for the SCM functions involved.
There is a high focus on operational excellence, process and supplier performance improvement programs while adding to the direction and techniques used at the site. Our ERP is SAP and we utilize a number of materials management techniques such as: Supplier Workplace, Scheduling Agreements and E Kanban. SAP MM Experience will definitely strengthen the candidate application.
This role would particularly suit an experienced buyer with the capability and ambition to consistently demonstrate a high level of performance in the following areas:
· Conducting daily operational purchasing processes and collaborating cross-functionally with (Quality, Engineering, Production, Warehouse, etc).
· Identifying, communicating and helping to implement improvements that improve material availability.
· Helping to manage change to further increase efficiencies in the purchasing process.
- Evaluate assigned material data and ensure the appropriate planning parameters are set: MOQ, safety stock and lead time, etc.
- Review and analyze MRP on a daily basis such as order placement, expediting and validation and analyze any variance to suggest corrective actions as necessary.
- Execute, manage and ensure the delivery of components utilizing discrete purchase orders and alternative supplier replenishment techniques including supplier scheduling.
- Order products, confirm delivery schedules and proactively, identify and eliminate/mitigate risks to the production line.
- Monitors schedule adherence and ensuring accuracy by identifying resource constraints to operations and planning management
- Develop daily requirements list ensuring components and raw materials are available to meet schedules
- Update schedule on a daily basis and on completion of operations; revise order details to ensure current information is maintained and available.
- Escalate and effectively expedite material shortages with assigned suppliers.
- Engage in the engineering change process, effectively communicate internally and externally to secure products in time.
- Internal and external communication of changes, defects, risks. Mitigation plans as necessary to protect the production schedule.
- Identify opportunity and share knowledge to improve the performance of the team as a whole.
- Liaise with all departments to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
Successful applicants will have:
- - 5+ years plus experience in a purchasing, materials or supplier management areas. in manufacturing environment
- - Experience using SAP MRP
- - A team player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions
- - Collaborative / Ownership oriented approach to problem solving
- - An understanding of electro mechanical, Plastics and or fluidic systems
- - Ability to influence and manage the successful supply of material and corresponding quality/technical information from external sources